Tuesday, May 19, 2009

WAGs

This morning I decided to stop by and officially introduce myself to my local Walgreens manager. I've spoken with him a couple of times on the phone and thought that I should put a face with the voice... especially since I wanted to inquire about getting a deeper discount on some items for charity.

I explained to him that I am donating a lot of the items that I purchase. I told him about a couple of charities that my church supports & how our VBS kids will be working on service projects each night. Since all "official" donations must go through WAGs district office... I asked about the turn around on such requests. (2-4 weeks) He was kind enough to retrieve the district FAX number for me, but stopped short when it came to offering the employee discount on items to be donated. (Hey... it never hurts to ask.)

All and all, I enjoyed speaking with him and he seemed very impressed with teaching the kids to be charitable and help others.

If you choose to donate some of your coupon deals... I highly recommend mentioning that fact to your regular cashier or manager. I think it sheds a new light on "couponers" and makes the cashier feel good about customers stock-piling various items.

1 comment:

  1. Very Nice and thorough article thanks for sharing please write more post like this Bass Pro Shops Black Friday Deals

    ReplyDelete