Monday, May 18, 2009

Target

So I decided to make a trip to Target to take advantage of the Kraft & travel size deals available. I loaded up several boxes of Nabisco 100 calorie snacks, Kraft mayo, lunch meat, Bliss candy bars, Granola Bites, Dove deodorant, Purell travel size, Banana Boat travel size, etc.

(Thank you http://www.attentiontargetshoppers.com/ and http://www.frugalcouponliving.com/!)

As I wandered up to the register... my emotions were mixed. My absolute favorite cashier was available, but my least favorite manager (or whatever they are called at Target) was standing up front talking to other employees. I swear that woman has it out for me.

In an attempt to avoid confrontation... I browse around for a few minutes. When it becomes obvious that she is not going anywhere... I "go in".

During our last encounter, she made it clear that they had to adjust down the coupons when the coupon is for more than the purchase price. Okay. I put those coupons on top and inform the cashier (did I mention that she is my favorite cashier?) that those coupons will need to be adjusted.

Once my items have been scanned and the cashier is beginning to scan the coupons... guess who wanders over? Yep, you got it. My least favorite manager lady. She begins to inspect each coupon & glances over into my cart. (Last time the bags were still on the counter and she was peeking into them. Peek away lady, peek away.)

When the lovely Target coupons will not scan, she starts in on me. She points out that the coupons state "one per transaction". I agree, tell her that I have never had to ring up separate transactions before, and point out that the gracious cashier is almost finished with my transaction. She says that we will need to re-ring everything. What!?!? I manage to politely comment on how that may inconvience me, them, and the customers waiting in line. She decides to consult with another manager lady. That lady comes over, checks out the situation, and says to just take my money. (Thank you 2nd manager lady with common sense!) The "enemy" manager mentions *again* how they coupons state "one per transaction". The 2nd manager just says to finish the transaction.

Then guess what my least favorite manager says? She says that for now on I will have to separate my transactions (I say "No problem. I will always ask cashier & if you are working, I'll just do it.") Then she says that I will have to go to the back of the line after each transaction. While I am always a courteous shopper... I couldn't resist. I responded (politely), that I will do no such thing. She says that a lady had to do it the other day. I asked if it was a new Target policy. The nice manager lady rushes her off and tells her to open another register since a line has formed.

I decided that I had had enough of this back and forth and called the store later on. I wanted to speak with the store manager, but he never seems to be available. I instead talk to someone further down the food chain. She was very nice, listened, took notes, and said that she would look into it. I then e-mailed corporate (twice) and just got the standard coupon policy and an e-mail stating to call the 800#, while still in the store, if I had any problems. (Thanks for clarifying!/sarcasm) I waited two days and called the helpful lady back. Guess what? She actually looked into it! She even went so far as to call a manufacturer and ask about coupon redemption.

In the end... I think I helped out future Target couponers in my area. My least favorite manager is probably not happy with me, but at least she'll have her store policies correct & perhaps will watch how she treats the customers.

I'm "going back in" tomorrow & sort of hope she is working. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment